Skip to main content

Winter 2

I was not here on Thursday so I only have 6 images ready. During this week I tried to overlay images and the lighter elements are the image that was overlayed onto the previous image. This week I will try to push the boundaries of what is possible with overlays.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multi Frame Storytelling

Multi-frame storytelling For each frame I wanted them to be individually strong and for the entire series to be cohesive.

Richard Avedon

For this set of photos, I was tasked with taking photos that followed the style of popular photographer Richard Avedon. These styles include a square photo and the photo being square. However, the main part of his photography is the amount of emotion that is conveyed without using the rest of your face. For example, a smile can convey emotion quite easily but it is harder trying to keep your face blank and still be able to make the emotions clear. 

Composition

Triangular composition is a way of organizing a picture in ways that the frame is divided into a triangle. A famous example of this is the Mona Lisa the picture is arranged in a way that the head and shoulders appear to be triangular. In these photos, you should look for elements that hint at being triangular.  The one-thirds composition is when the picture is arranged with the focus being on one-third of the frame while the other two frames are blank or not the main focus. When viewing these images look for the two vacant frames. diagonal composition is when one line or two crosses the frame separating it into two or more sides. This results in the frame tending toward more diagonal and if you squint your eyes the photo appears to move or slide diagonally.